Quinoa with salmon and pesto dressing
Delicious warm or cold and prepared in advance for a tasty lunch on the run.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
2 handfuls spinach
½ bunch fresh coriander, chopped – or more if required
handful fresh basil
handful fresh dill
14 cherry tomatoes, halved
10 grapes, halved
213g tinned salmon, drained
1 tbsp raisins
2 tbsp sesame seeds
2 tbsp pesto; green, red, or make your own (recipe below)
200ml soya yoghurt
salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
lemon juice, to drizzle
1. Rinse the quinoa thoroughly in cold water then add to a pan of 400ml boiling water. Stir well, cover with a lid and simmer on a low heat for 20 minutes, or until most of the water has been absorbed. Remove from the heat, drain and let stand for 10 minutes.
2. When the quinoa is ready, separate the grains with a fork then add the spinach and allow it to wilt. Then add the coriander, basil and dill.
3. Combine the tomatoes, grapes, salmon, raisins and sesame seeds then add to the quinoa.
4. For the sauce, combine the pesto and yoghurt and mix well. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
5. Serve the quinoa with the pesto sauce and drizzle with lemon.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
2 handfuls of fresh herbs (basil, parsley, coriander leaves)
Large pinch of salt
4 tablespoons garlic-infused oil
handful of suitable nuts i.e. pine nuts (avoiding cashew and pistachio)
90g Parmigiano Reggiano, finely grated
1. Place the herbs in a blender and add the salt and garlic oil.
2. Crush the nuts in a pestle and mortar and add to the blender.
3. Grate the cheese and add this to the blender and mix, being careful not to overblend.
Recipe and image courtesy of loveyourgut.com