Raspberry Iced Dessert
A speedily prepared, no hassle dessert to suit all tastes.
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 250g frozen raspberries
- 200g soft cheese
- 100g natural or Greek yogurt
- Grated rind of 1 lemon and 5 – 10 ml lemon juice
- 50g icing sugar, sieved (optional)
- Fresh mint leaves (optional)
1. Place the raspberries, (reserving a few for decoration), in a bowl and leave for 15 minutes.
2. In a separate large bowl, beat the soft cheese until smooth. Stir in the yogurt, lemon juice (not rind), and icing sugar, if used.
3. Add the raspberries and continue to mix until combined and marbled with pink stripes.
4. Transfer to individual serving glasses and top with the reserved raspberries, grated lemon rind, and if desired, mint leaves.
1. If you are watching your fat intake, opt for low fat/fat free versions of soft cheese and natural yogurt. Alternatively, for a richer dessert, replace the yogurt with whipped cream.
2. Adjust the levels of lemon juice and icing sugar, (or honey if preferred), according to taste.