Rhubarb and blackberry breakfast muffins with strawberry yoghurt Pots
Kick-start your morning with this delicious breakfast recipe
Preparation and cooking time: 40 minutes
For the muffins:
½ x 290g can blackberries, drained
½ x 539g can rhubarb, drained
75g unsalted Butter, melted
½ tsp Bicarbonate of soda
150g plain flour
50g wholemeal flour
2 tsp Baking powder
75g caster sugar
1 pinch Salt
1 large egg
For the yoghurt pots
½ x 406g can strawberries in juice, drained
150g pot Greek yoghurt
Honey to drizzle
1. Preheat the oven to 200c/400F/Gas mark 6.
2. Combine all the dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
3. In a measuring jug, beat together the buttermilk, egg and melted butter and pour over the dry ingredients, carefully combine taking care not to over work the mixture.
4. Fold in the blackberries and spoon the mixture into well-greased muffin tins.
5. Make a well in the centre of each muffin with a teaspoon and add a spoonful of rhubarb. Bake in the centre of the oven for 20 minutes, and transfer to a rack to cool.