Rhubarb & raspberry crumble muffins
Preparation time: 40 minutes
75g plain flour
65g unsalted butter
50g caster sugar
360g plain flour
370g caster sugar
1 ½tsp baking powder
½tsp bicarbonate of soda
380g Rachel’s Low Fat Rhubarb Bio Live Yogurt
70g unsalted butter, melted
- Pre-heat the oven to 170°C/325°F/Gas 3 and line a 12 hole muffin tray with paper cases.
- Begin by making the crumble, add all ingredient to a bowl or food mixer and rub in the fat until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs, place to one side.
- To make the muffins place the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda into a bowl (ideally use a food mixer), mix ingredients together.
- Add the yogurt, eggs and vanilla extract to the flour mixture and beat until smooth.
- Add the melted butter and whisk well to incorporate and ensure the batter is smooth and even.
- Finally fold in the raspberries gently to disperse.
- Spoon the mixture into the cases filling them almost to the top, generously sprinkle the muffins with the crumble mixture.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the muffins are golden brown and bounce back when pressed. Leave to cool in the tin slightly before removing onto a cooling rack.