Roast Pork with Dessert Apples Fried in Butter
Welcome to one of this month’s healthy family recipes.
Please share your own ideas and healthy family recipes in the Healthy Family Recipes section of Candis Chat
Serves 4 to 5 people per kilo depending on how hungry you are!
There is nothing as good as a boneless leg of pork – lean, tender and moist – with crisp, crisp crackling. Don’t let a busy life deprive you of this rare treat entirely. Make an hour when you can get family and friends together to enjoy this glorious mealYou will need:
1.5 – 3kg Boneless Leg of Pork
Sweet eating apples
1. Rub some salt into the scored skin and the remainder of the joint with chopped, fresh thyme.
2. Roast for 30 to 35 minutes/lb (66 to 77 minutes/kg) in a preheated oven at 225°C/450°F/Gas Mark 8.
3. To test if its cooked pierce the joint with a skewer.
4. When done to perfection the juices will run clear.
5. Allow to stand for 15 minutes before carving.
6. Quarter, core and slice the apples. Fry in some unsalted butter until they are soft and golden and serve with the pork.
Truly delicious and fills the kitchen with a wonderful scent whilst cooking.
Recipe from Pipers Farm – Meat the natural way