Roast potatoes with garlic and rosemary
Be sure to cut these roast potatoes with sharp corners – rounded potatoes will not get as crispy as those with right angles
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour 20 minutes
1.25kg large Maris Piper potatoes
150ml olive oil
8 garlic cloves, bashed
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/R4.
2. Cut the potatoes into quarters and wash them in water to rinse off the starch.
3. Cover the potatoes with water in a large saucepan, bring to the boil and cook until very soft. Drain carefully and leave to cool in the colander.
4. Pour the olive oil into a roasting tray large enough to hold the potatoes in one layer, then add the potatoes. Stir to coat in the oil and place in the oven for 1 hour, gently turning every 20 minutes.
5. Add the garlic, rosemary and thyme to the tray and return to the oven for 15–20 minutes or until the potatoes are golden brown and crisp all over. Drain on kitchen paper and season with salt before serving.