Roasted Pink Lady apples
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
185ml dry white wine, preferably South African
1 orange, finely grated rind and juice only
¼ tsp ground cinnamon
1 tbsp brown sugar
6 South African Pink Lady apples, cored
40g unblanched almonds, roasted and coarsely chopped
To serve: Mascarpone
1. Heat the white wine and honey in a saucepan over a medium heat, bring to the boil, reduce
the heat and cook for 10 minutes or until syrupy.
2. Add the sultanas, remove from the heat and cool.
3. Preheat oven to 160°C. In a bowl, combine the orange juice, rind, cinnamon and sugar.
4. Slice each apple crossways into approx. 6 slices (keeping the slices together). Dip each slice
in the orange juice mixture, then reassemble the apple slices and place in a baking dish.
5. Using a slotted spoon, remove the sultanas from the syrup, combine with the almonds and
spoon into the core of each apple.
6. Drizzle the apples with the syrup and the remaining orange juice.
7. Roast the apples, basting occasionally, for 40 minutes or until they are tender. Serve with
Pink Lady Apples www.pinkladyapples.co.uk
We have even more fantastic recipes in each issue of our magazine. Click here to subscribe now!