Roasted red pepper soup with grilled king prawns
This soup is the perfect starter for a dinner party with friends! The grilled king prawns on the side make it that little bit different… this dish will tickle the taste buds for sure!
4 red peppers
5 unpeeled garlic cloves
1 chicken stock cube
500ml/18 fl oz water
Juice and rind of 1 lemon
½ tsp salt
2 pinches pepper
50 g/2 oz dark rye bread
12 cooked king prawns
7 tbsp grated Västerbottensost
Flat leaf parsley, chopped
4 wooden skewers
1. Preheat the oven to 225°C/425°F/Gas 7.
2. De-seed the peppers. Arrange peppers and whole garlic cloves on a baking tray. Drizzle a little oil over and roast in the oven approx. 20 minutes. Remove and allow to cool.
3. Bring water and stock cube to the boil.
4. Peel the peppers and garlic cloves and place in a food processor with stock and lemon juice.
5. Blend to a smooth soup; if necessary, add more water to improve consistency. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Crumble the bread and fry in a little oil in a frying pan on medium heat. Fry the king prawns in a hot frying pan approx. 1 minute and thread three onto each skewer.
7. Mix cheese, bread croutons, grated lemon rind and parsley.
8. Reheat the soup if necessary and pour into four bowls. Serve with a king prawn skewer and the cheese mixture.
We have even more fantastic recipes in each issue of our magazine. Click here to subscribe now!