Salad nicoise with fresh british beans and peas
Welcome to one of this month’s healthy family recipes.
Please share your own ideas and healthy family recipes in the Healthy Family Recipes section of Candis Chat
SALAD NIÇOISE WITH FRESH BRITISH BEANS AND PEAS
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
200g new potatoes cut in half
4 medium free-range eggs
200g fresh green beans, trimmed
100g fresh peas, shelled
200g tinned tuna, drained
12 black olives
4 anchovy fillets
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 small shallot, finely chopped
Salt and cracked black pepper
What to do:
1. Place the new potatoes in a medium sized pan, cover with lightly salted cold water. Bring to the boil and then simmer for 10 to 15 minutes until cooked. Drain and set aside.
2. While the potatoes are cooking, bring a small pan of water to the boil and cook the eggs in the boiling water for 7 minutes. When cooked, place under cold running water for 5 minutes. Peel and cut in half and set aside.
3. In the meantime bring a medium sized pan of salted water to the boil, then cook the green beans and peas for 2 minutes, drain and lightly refresh under cold running water. Drain and set aside.
4. Place the potatoes, eggs, beans, peas, tuna, olives and anchovy fillets in a medium sized bowl.
5. In a small bowl mix together the olive oil, vinegar and shallot, season with salt and pepper.
6. Poor the dressing over the salad and mix gently.
7. Divide between 4 small salad bowls and serve.