Skinny coffee cupcakes
Makes: 12 mini cakes
2 medium eggs
50g caster sugar
50g plain flour, sifted
½ tsp The Flavour Collective Smooth Caramel coffee dissolved in 3 tsp hot water
75g icing sugar, sifted
½ tsp The Flavour Collective Smooth Caramel coffee
3 tsp hot water
1 small bag of white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven 190C/375F/Gas 5 and line a 12-hole muffin tin with small paper cases.
- In a bowl whisk the eggs and sugar until the mixture has increased by two thirds of the original volume and leaves the trail of the whisk.
- Sift the flour over the surface of the sponge mixture and cut and fold in the flour being careful not to whisk out the air. Once lump free, fold in the coffee.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into the cake cases and bake for 8 -10 minutes or until the cakes are well risen and firm to the touch.
- Set aside to cool for 10 minutes, then remove from the cake tin and cool on a wire rack.
- Mix the icing ingredients together and spoon over the cakes and decorate with white chocolate chips.