Smoked haddock and british runner bean risotto
Welcome to one of this month’s healthy family recipes.
Please share your own ideas and healthy family recipes in the Healthy Family Recipes section of Candis Chat
SMOKED HADDOCK AND BRITISH RUNNER BEAN RISOTTO
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
4 tbsp olive oil
1 medium onion, finely chopped
400g smoked haddock, skinned and de-boned
300ml double cream
300g risotto rice
Small glass of white wine
1 litre hot chicken or fish stock
200g fresh runner beans, shredded
50g grated Parmesan
Salt and pepper
What to do:
1. Preheat the oven to 200c/400f.
2. In a large sauce pan heat the oil and then add the onion and sweat for 8 minutes, until soft, without colouring, stirring every now and then.
3. While you are waiting for the onion to cook. Put the haddock and cream in a small baking tray and cover with tin foil. Place in the top of the oven for 10 to 12 minutes until cooked, remove from the oven and keep warm.
4. While you are waiting for the haddock to cook, add the rice to the onions and continue to stir until the rice has turned translucent.
5. Now add the wine, when reduced slowly add the hot stock, a little at a time, stirring every now and then.
6. When nearly all of the stock has gone or the rice is almost cooked add the runner beans and cook for a further 2 minutes.
7. When the rice is cooked, break up the haddock slightly and then stir into the rice with the cream. The haddock should break up a little more as you stir.
8. Now turn off the heat and add nearly all of the Parmesan and season with salt and pepper. Serve with the remaining Parmesan sprinkled over the top.