This recipe serves four, so you could eat half and save the rest for lunch the next day. Eggs provide a good supply of B vitamins, which help support a healthy nervous system.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
250g waxy potatoes such as Charlotte or new potatoes, washed and sliced into 1/2cm thick slices
1 tbsp olive oil
1 small onion, finely sliced
1 small red pepper, seeds removed and discarded, finely sliced
4 medium free-range eggs
Pinch of salt
Pinch of ground black pepper
A few chives, snipped into small pieces with scissors
50g frozen peas
100g salad leaves
2 tsp lemon juice
1. Simmer the potato slices very gently in boiling water for about 8 minutes until just cooked through, being Be careful not to overcook them. Drain well.
2. Heat 2 tbsp of the oil in a medium frying pan. Add the onion and cook over a low heat for about 5 minutes. Add the red pepper and cook for another 5 minutes until softened.
3. Break the eggs into a bowl and beat with a whisk or fork then season with salt and pepper. Stir in the chives and the peas.
4. Heat the grill to medium.
5. Add the rest of the oil to the frying pan and add the potatoes. Pour over the egg mixture and cook gently for about 15 mins until almost set and golden brown underneath.
6. Put the frying pan under the grill and cook for a further minute or two.
Turn the omelette on to a plate, cut into quarters and serve one quarter per person with salad leaves dressed in lemon juice.
Recipe and images courtesy of the Vegetarian Society