Spicy Beef burgers
Large home-made beef burgers packed with delicious spicy flavours.
Cooking time: 50 minutes
- 455g frozen minced beef, thawed
- 250g frozen chopped onions
- 40ml Hoisin sauce
- 30ml each chopped frozen jalapeño chillies, garlic, parsley and coriander
- Ground pepper
- Olive oil spray (if frying)
- 4 large burger rolls
- Salad leaves, whole or shredded
- Tomatoes, sliced
- Mango Chutney (see recipe below) or sweet chilli sauce
1. Using a large bowl, mix the minced beef and onion together. Add the
Hoisin sauce, chillies, garlic, herbs and pepper; mix to combine.
2. Divide equally, shape into patties and flatten into four large burgers – approximately 13 – 14 cm across.
3. Transfer to a cling film lined baking tray. Cover with additional cling
film, and chill for at least 30 minutes.
4. Grill or fry for 5 – 6 minutes each side, until cooked through.
5. Cut the rolls in half across and toast the cut sides. Spread the bottom halves with mayonnaise. Cover with salad leaves, a burger, tomato and home-made mango chutney (see recipe below).
6. Serve with cooked frozen, skin on chunky chips.
To quickly and easily prepare mango chutney – place 150 ml cold water and 225g granulated sugar in a heavy gauge saucepan. Heat slowly to dissolve the sugar, stirring occasionally. Add 480g frozen mango chunks, 10ml frozen chopped garlic, 2.5 – 5 ml frozen chopped chillies, 150ml white wine vinegar, 2 bay leaves and 7.5ml Nigella seeds. Bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to low-moderate, whilst stirring occasionally, for approximately 30 minutes, until thickened. Fill a 450g sterilized jar with chutney, seal. Use the remaining chutney immediately to serve with the spicy beefburgers.