Spicy Lamb Kebabs
500g lean boneless lamb (leg or shoulder is ideal) cut into 2.5 cm cubes
8 skewers or sticks of fresh rosemary
2 red onions, peeled and quartered
2 green peppers, deseeded and cut into 2.5 cm cubes
3 teaspoons coriander seeds, lightly toasted
2 teaspoon cumin seeds, lightly toasted
1 clove garlic
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
2 squirts of Clarks Maple Syrup
1. Place the spices in a pestle and mortar and grind until fine.
2. Add the garlic and bash until you have a paste. Add the oil and Maple Syrup and mix well.
3. Place the lamb in a bowl and cover with the marinade. Give it a good mix and refrigerate for an hour.
4. Spike each piece of meat alternately with the red onion and pepper using the rosemary sticks or skewers.
5. Barbecue or grill for 5 -7 minutes turning regularly.
6. Allow to rest for a few minutes before serving.
7. Serve with tsatsiki drizzled with maple syrup and flatbreads.