Spinach, ricotta and sundried tomato quiches
Welcome to one of this month’s healthy family recipes.
Please share your own ideas and healthy family recipes in the Healthy Family Recipes section of Candis Chat
Preparation time: 15 – 20 minutes
Cooking time: 30 – 35 minutes
Cooking temperature: 190°C/170°C Fan/ 375°F/ Gas Mark 5
(Makes four individual Quiches)
1 x 200g pack DS-gluten free frozen Shortcrust Pastry, defrosted
85g (3oz) chopped frozen spinach, defrosted and drained
25g (1oz) sundried tomatoes, chopped
85g (3oz) Ricotta cheese
2 large eggs, beaten
150ml (1/4 pint) milk, single cream or yogurt
Salt & pepper
4 x mini flan tins (8cm base x 10cm top)
1. Place block of pastry onto a surface dusted with cornflour or gluten free flour and knead for 1 minute.
2. Line the flan tins with the pastry and place on a baking sheet. Bake blind in tins for 10 minutes.
3. Rinse the spinach and sundried tomatoes, drain and dividing between the individual flan tins including the ricotta.
4. In a bowl, beat together the eggs, milk and seasoning and pour into pastry cases.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes.
6. Take tins out of the oven and leave for 5 minutes to cool before removing. Enjoy!