chocolate mint cups
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
50g low fat spread, melted
75g plain flour
5 tbsp. Splenda Granulated
2 tbsp. cocoa powder
2 egg yolks
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
3 egg whites
1 tsp. peppermint extract
25g 70% cocoa solids chocolate, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/ gas mark 4. Mix together the low fat spread, coconut, flour, 2 tbsp. of the Splenda Granulated, cocoa, yolks and vanilla.
- Evenly spoon the mixture in to 10 compartments of a bun tin, then using damp heads press the mixture to cover the bottom and sides of the holes. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Whisk the egg whites until they hold stiff peaks then whisk the remaining 3 tbsp. Splenda Granulated in a spoonful at a time along with the peppermint.
- Lastly stir though the chocolate.
- Spoon this mixture in to the coconut cases and bake for 5 minutes until the meringue is golden on the top.
- Serve the mint cups immediately with a steaming cup of tea!
– Make sure to use the very best cocoa powder you can.
– For good volume in your egg whites make sure you keep the eggs at room temperature.
SPLENDA® Sugar Alternative has a great sugar-like taste but a fraction of the calories of sugar per serving. SPLENDA® has teamed up with healthy cooking guru Nadia Sawalha to offer recipes and tips on the small steps you can take to reach your healthy eating goals and kick-start a better, new you. Find out more at www.SPLENDA® .co.uk