Steak with brandy mustard and clotted cream sauce
· 2 steak (we like sirloin)
·1 large shallot, peeled and finely chopped
·3 tbsp brandy
·100g Rodda’s Cornish clotted cream
·2 tsp wholegrain mustard
1. Melt a knob of butter in a large frying pan, then add the steaks and sear quickly on both sides until brown.
2. Next, add the shallot and cook the steak to your liking, then remove and allow to rest.
3. Meanwhile, pour in the brandy and light it with a match, then cook until the flames die out. Spoon in the Cornish clotted cream and mustard, and stir well.
4. Finally, season with sea salt and black pepper and leave to simmer for 1-2 minutes.