Sticky Lamb Parcels
Cooking time: 30-45 minutes
- 2 lean lamb rumps or boneless leg steaks
- 100g/4oz brown basmati rice, cooked
- Freshly milled black pepper
- 2 star anise
- 1 cinnamon stick, halved
- 50g/2oz mushrooms, sliced
- Grated zest of ½ lemon
- 100g/4oz purple sprouting broccoli divided into small pieces or florets
- 60ml/4tbsp hoisin sauce
- 30ml/2tbsp dry sherry
- Fresh lemon thyme, to garnish
1. Preheat the oven to Gas mark 6, 200°C, 400°F.
2. Cut two x 20cm x 30cm pieces of non-stick baking or parchment paper. Place each paper on a large baking tray or roasting tin. Divided the cooked rice between the papers.
3. Season the lamb, place on top of the rice with the star anise, cinnamon, mushrooms, lemon zest and broccoli.
4. In a small bowl mix together the hoisin sauce and sherry, spoon the mixture over the lamb. Fold the edges of each piece to form a loose parcel (or lightly fasten with cocktail sticks at each end).
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Open the parcels, remove the cinnamon and star anise, garnish with the thyme and serve immediately.
Tip: If preferred replace the brown basmati with either quinoa or bulgur wheat. Aluminium foil works well as parcels too.