Sweet Potato and chicken Salad
The perfect combination of flavour and goodness!
Preperation Time: 10mins
Cooking Time: 35mins
1 (145g) bag watercress, spinach and rocket leaves
30ml/2tbsp olive oil
450g/1lb sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
450g/1lb chicken fillets, sliced
2 orange peppers, deseeded and sliced
1 clove garlic, crushed
2.5cm/1/2in piece root ginger, grated
zest and juice 1 orange
30ml/2 tbsp soy sauce
15ml/1 tbsp honey
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 220C/Fan 200C/Gas Mark 7.
2. Place the oil, potatoes, chicken and peppers in a large roasting tin and toss together. Roast for 20mins.
3. Add the garlic and ginger to the chicken and vegetables and roast for a further 15mins or until the chicken is golden and the potatoes tender.
4. Add the orange zest and juice, soy and honey and mix well. Cool slightly. Season to taste.
5. Empty the salad leaves into a large bowl, add the chicken mixture and lightly toss to mix. Serve straight away.