Tasty Meat-free Recipes
We’ve three delicious recipes for you to try.
Easy to assemble and delicious to eat! Enjoy for breakfast, as a post workout snack or a healthy dessert. Each serving contains over 18g of protein.
Ingredients: Serves 1
- 150g Kefir-Quark
- 50g fresh or frozen berries
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp honey
- 100g granola
- In a medium saucepan mix together the berries, vanilla and honey. Bring to a boil then reduce the heat to medium-low. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Allow to cool.
- In a glass tumbler, layer the granola, followed by the Kefir-Quark and berry coulis.
A light yet wholesome meal packed with protein and billions of gut-friendly bacteria. Add
fish or chicken for an even bigger dose of protein.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 2-3 large courgettes
- 20 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cloves garlic
- 150g Kefir-Quark
- Zest of 1 unwaxed lemon
- 1 tbsp. fresh chopped mint
- Slice the cherry tomatoes in half and place on a baking tray with the garlic. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Place under the grill for 10-15 minutes.
- Create long strips of courgetti using your spiralizer.
- Put the Kefir-Quark, lemon zest, chopped mint and 2-3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil in a pot. Whisk together over low heat for couple of minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add the courgette, mix it in and cook for only a minute.
- Place on a plate and add the cherry tomatoes (with any juices). Dollop on extra Kefir-Quark to decorate.
Impress your friends with this show-stopping cheesecake – rich and indulgent yet high in
protein, packed with probiotics and kind to the waistline!
Ingredients: Serves 8
- 500g Kefir-Quark
- 200g cottage cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 75g honey or maple syrup
- 2 tsp gluten free flour
- 150g blackcurrants
- 3 tbsp. honey
- Line an 8-inch spring form pan with parchment paper on the bottom. Oil the sides of the pan if it is not non-stick. Preheat oven to 350°F / 176°C.
- In a food processor or blender on low speed, blend together the Kefir-Quark and cottage cheese until smooth.
- In a small bowl beat the eggs together. Beat the eggs, maple syrup and flour into the Kefir-Quark mixture.
- Pour everything into the pan. Bake in the oven for about 1 hour, until the cheesecake is set.
- In a medium saucepan, mix together the berries and honey and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Allow to cool before pouring on top of the cheesecake.
Kefir-Quark is made from the highest quality British milk and is packed with health benefits as it helps to support digestion, healthy muscles, immunity and boost energy levels. It is also high in protein (with over 18g per portion), is packed with billions of live gut-friendly bacteria and is a great source of calcium.
Recipes and images courtesy of Bio-tiful Dairy www.biotifuldairy.com