Tips for perfect roast turkey
Food editor Catherine Hill shares her top tips and tricks for the perfect festive bird this Christmas
– Allow the bird to come to room temperature for two hours before roasting
– Don’t be tempted to cover with foil as this will steam it rather than roast it
– To turn the bird over during cooking, wear thick rubber gloves to protect your hands and work quickly!
– Allow the turkey to rest for at 30-60 minutes before carving, as this will allow all of the juices to return to the meat. Resting it upside down also really helps!
– Check out Kelly Turkeys for information on roasting and carving