Tomato and Cheese Muffins
These savoury muffins are perfect for breakfast or anytime as a tasty snack.
Preparation time: 8 minutes
Cooking time: 25-30 minutes
Per muffin: 148kcals, 6.3g protein, 15.2g carbohydrate (1.5 g sugars), 7.1g fat (1.7g saturates), 2.2g fibre, 0.5g salt
175ml Unsweetened Almond Breeze almond milk
225g Wholemeal flour
2 tsp Baking powder
½ tsp Salt
50g Reduced fat cheddar cheese, grated
50ml Sunflower Oil
2 tbsp Tomato puree
12 Cherry tomatoes
For the topping
30g Reduced fat cheddar cheese, grated
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (Fan Assisted).
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the wholemeal flour, baking powder, oats, salt and cheese.
3. In a measuring jug, mix together the Unsweetened Almond Breeze almond milk, eggs, sunflower oil and tomato puree.
4. Slowly add the wet mix to the dry, whisking continually to form a batter.
5. Line a 12 hole muffin tin with muffin cases. Spoon batter evenly into each case. Place a cherry tomato in each and spoon the batter over to cover. Sprinkle over the extra grated cheese.
6. Bake for approx. 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Test by placing a skewer into the centre of the muffin and when cooked it should come out clean.
7. Serve warm or place in a sealed container to enjoy later.