6oz short crust pastry
125g/4oz golden syrup
1 tablespoon lemon juice
75-125g/3-4oz fresh white or wholemeal bread crumbs
1. Using ¾ pastry line 7in pie plate
2. Add lemon juice to syrup and add to breadcrumbs
3. Pour filling into pastry. Dampen the edges of the pastry
4. Roll out remaining pastry to an oblong 18cm/7in long, cut into 5mm/1/4in strips. There should be 10.
5. Twist and place lattice fashion across the tart
6. Bake for approx 30 mins at gas 6/200C/400F
7. Perfect with Kelly’s of Corwall clotted cream ice cream!