Tuna Salad with Tomatoes & Mature Cheddar
A vibrant, healthy salad perfect for everyday entertaining
500g Cherry tomatoes on the vine
40g capers finely chopped
ground black pepper
20g Olive Oil
100g PILGRIMS CHOICE lighter mature cheese – shaved
4x175g tuna steaks
200g baby spinach, rocket and watercress leaves.
A few sprigs of fresh Thyme
Dressing:4 tbsp olive oil (20g)
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp Dijon mustard (5g)
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
3 tbsp chopped chive and basil
1. Preheat the oven to 200c, 400f or gas 6.
2. Place the tomatoes on a baking sheet and sprinkle with capers, black pepper and thyme. Drizzle with Olive oil and roast for 10mins or until the tomatoes are tender but still retain their shape. Sprinkle over half of the cheese and turn off the oven but leave the tomatoes in the hest to allow the cheese to melt.
3. Place all the dressing ingredients into a jam jar and shake to mix.
4. Season the tuna steaks with black pepper and lightly brush with olive oil. Cook under a hot grill for 10-15 mins.
5. Arrange the salad leaves in serving bowls. Break the tuna steaks into large flakes and scatter over the leaves. Drizzle with the dressing, place on the roasted tomatoes and finish with the remaining cheese scattered over the salad.
We have even more fantastic recipes in each issue of our magazine. Click here to subscribe now!