Vanilla coffee crème brûlée
Makes: 4 – 8 (depending on ramekin size)
450ml single cream, double cream or low fat thick Greek yogurt
1 tbsp The Flavour Collective Delicate Vanilla coffee dissolved in 1 tsp hot water
4 medium egg yolks
100g golden caster sugar
Caramel Brulee Topping:
115g caster sugar
2 tbsp water
- Preheat the oven to 160C/325F/Gas 3. Lightly grease 4 oven proof ramekins (about 160 – 170ml in size).
- Put the cream and coffee in a small pan and warm on a gentle heat for 5 minutes being careful not to boil. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a bowl whisk the egg yolks and sugar together until pale and thick. Pour in the cream mixture over the eggs yolks and return to the heat for about 5 -8 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into the 4 prepared ramekins and place the ramekins into a roasting pan. Pour in enough water to come half way up the sides of the dishes and cook for about 25 minutes or until just set.
- Remove from the pan and put into the fridge over night or for at least 8 hours.
- To make the caramel topping, heat the remaining sugar with the water in a pan. Slowly dissolve the sugar and then heat until the mixture caramelises. Once caramelised, pour this hot mixture carefully over the back of the metal spoon over the desserts to ensure a wonderful light crunchy topping. Leave to set and chill.
- Serve and decorate with fresh raspberries.