Vanilla ice cream Tiramisu
Welcome to one of this month’s healthy family recipes.
Please share your own ideas and healthy family recipes in the Healthy Family Recipes section of Candis Chat
GINO D’ACAMPO RECIPES – Wall’s Cream of Cornish vanilla ice creamVanilla ice cream Tiramisu
– 300ml cold strong black coffee, preferably espresso
– 350g Wall’s Cream of Cornish vanilla ice cream
– 5 tablespoons Amaretto liqueur
– 2 medium eggs, separated
– 3 tablespoons caster sugar
– 250g mascarpone cheese
– About 24 savoiardi biscuits (sponge fingers)
– Cocoa powder, for dusting
1. Pour the cold coffee into a large bowl, mix in 3 tablespoons of the Amaretto and set aside.
2. Place the Wall’s Cream of Cornish vanilla ice cream in a bowl and with the help of a fork, press down on the ice cream until you get the texture of whipped cream. Set aside.
3. Beat the egg yolks and sugar in another large bowl for about 5 minutes until thick and pale. Fold in the mascarpone cheese.
4. Use a metal spoon or a fork to gently fold in the vanilla ice cream.
5. Beat the egg whites in a third large bowl until soft peaks form. Fold them quickly, but gently, into the cream mixture, then add the remaining liqueur, trying not to lose the volume.
6. Dip each biscuit into the coffee for just 2 seconds and no longer, otherwise the biscuits will go soggy. Drain and use to cover the bottom of a glass dessert bowl about 8cm across.
7. Spread some of the cream mixture over the biscuits, then repeat the process. Smooth the surface with the cream mixture, cover with cling film and chill for about 2 hours to allow the flavours to develop.
8. Just before serving (and not before or the cocoa powder will go bitter), remove the cling film and dust with cocoa powder.