Vegetarian Sausage Paella
This vegetarian paella is delicious served with a green salad and crusty bread – and healthy too!
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
8 Quorn Wild Garlic & Parsley Sausages
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tsp smoked paprika (or to taste)
2 tsp tumeric
½ tsp saffron
250g long grain rice
700ml vegetable stock
1 lemon, zest and juice
1 red pepper, diced
200g green beans, cut into bite sized pieces
1. Cut sausages into bite sized pieces and grill for 3 – 4 minutes, turning until they are golden. Set aside.
2. Heat oil in a large pan and fry the onions and garlic for 2-3 minutes or until soft.
3. Stir in the spices and rice and cook for another minute.
4. Add the vegetable stock, lemon juice and zest, pepper and beans and simmer for 10 minutes
5. Add the Quorn sausages and the peas and continue simmering for another 8 – 10 minutes or until the rice is tender, adding more liquid if required. Check seasoning.