GINO D’ACAMPO RECIPES – Viennetta mess
– 200g Wall’s Viennetta Vanilla
– 800g fresh ripe strawberries
– 1 tablespoon icing sugar, sifted
– 200g thick Greek-style yoghurt
– 6 ready made plain meringues
1. Wash and dry the strawberries, remove any green bits. If they are large, cut in half.
2. Place 600g of strawberries in a large bowl. Dust with icing sugar, gently mix and chill for an hour.
3. Place the remaining 200g of strawberries in a food processor and blitz into a purée, adding a dash of liqueur to taste, and chill.
4. Cut the Wall’s Viennetta into 1cm cubes and place into a large bowl, fold in the yoghurt, and chill.
5. Roughly crush the meringues into bite-sized pieces and set aside.
6. When you are ready to serve, gently toss the Viennetta, meringue and strawberries together.
7. Divide the lot between 4 tall dessert glasses.
8. Drizzle over the strawberry purée.