Warm Brunch Salad with Purple Sprouting Broccoli
Welcome to one of this month’s healthy family recipes.
Please share your own ideas and healthy family recipes in the Healthy Family Recipes section of Candis Chat
With its fabulous colour, sprouting broccoli is a superfood that’s brimming with flavour. It tastes brill, teamed here with the salty bacon and runny egg yolk. Give it a try for a really easy saturday brunch.
Preparation: 5 mins
Cooking: 10 mins
Serves – 2
200g/7oz From My Farm purple sprouting broccoli, trimmed and washed
4 rashers back bacon, rind removed
2 large eggs
For the dressing:
60ml/4tbsp rapeseed oil
15ml/1tbsp balsamic vinegar
15ml/1tbsp white wine vinegar
5ml/1tsp Dijon mustard
2.5ml/1/2tsp caster sugar
30ml/2tbsp chopped fresh parsley
salt and freshly ground black pepper
crusty bread to serve
1. Bring one large and one small pan of water to the boil. Add a pinch of salt to the large pan, add the broccoli, then simmer for 5mins or until the stem is tender when tested.
2. Meanwhile, for the dressing: place the oil, vinegars, mustard and sugar in a small jug. Whisk together with a fork, then season to taste.
3. Cook the bacon on a hot griddle, or under the grill for 4-5mins, turning once until cooked to your liking. And whilst this cooks, use a slotted spoon to gently lower the eggs into the small pan of boiling water and leave to simmer for 4-5mins.
4. Drain the broccoli in a colander, then arrange on a large plate. Whisk the parsley into the dressing and pour over the broccoli.
5. Drain the eggs, rinse in cold water, then peel away the egg shells. Pop the bacon on top of the broccoli, then the eggs, splitting them so the egg yolk runs over the broccoli. Serve straight away with plenty of crusty bread to mop up the dressing and egg yolk.
Recipe from www.frommyfarm.co.uk