Moroccan-style chicken with a yoghurt dressing
A great healthy midweek evening meal, the leftovers of which can be saved for lunch the following day! This recipe contains cinnamon which is dubbed as a seriously healthy food. It contains nutrients such as manganese, calcium, iron and is a good source of fibre.
The kidney beans are full of fibre and will keep you feeling fuller for longer. They’re also loaded with antioxidant, to help you fight off diseases.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
200g TOTAL Classic Greek Yoghurt
2 tbsp cumin
2 tbsp cinnamon
4 chicken breasts skinless
300g cous cous
1 red onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
½ tsp cumin
1 tin kidney beans, drained and washed
1 tin chick peas, drained and washed
A handful of fresh herbs (coriander, parsley)
1. Mix together the cumin and cinnamon, and rub into each chicken breast. Place under the grill and cook slowly for approximately 10-12 minutes.
2. Make the cous cous as per the manufacturers’ instructions, then keep warm.
3. Fry off the onion with the garlic and ½ tsp of cumin. Add in the kidney beans and chick peas and keep warm.
4. In a bowl mix together the juice of the lemon with a handful of chopped herbs and the Greek yoghurt.
5. Mix the warm cous cous with the kidney bean and chick pea mixture and season to taste.
6. Serve with a sliced chicken breast and a spoonful of yoghurt dressing.
4g Saturated Fat