Warm Salad of Beetroot, English Goats Cheese, Salad Sprouts and Herb Dressing
The ingredients in this delicious English salad are fresh and seasonal, and you should be able to buy them locally too. English goats cheese is also one of the best in the world and can be found nearly anywhere.Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
8 small beetroot, about 75g each
3 tbsp English rapeseed oil
3 x 125g English goats cheese such as (Capricorn or Gevrik or Welsh creamy)
50g local summer leaves (from your local farm)
100g sprouting beans or 50g seed mix
Salt & freshly ground black pepper
For the dressing
50ml English EV rapeseed oil
2 tbsp lemon juice
Crushed clove of garlic
2 tsp English clear honey
1tbsp chopped chives, savoury or sorrel
1. Heat the oven to 200°C.
2. Wash the beetroot and trim the root and the top. Cut in half and place in roasting dish.
3. Pour over the oil and coat the beetroots. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
4. Place in the oven and cook for 30-40 minutes until tender.
5. Place all the ingredients for the dressing in a jam jar and shake to combine.
6. To assemble, place the leaves in 4 bowls, crumble over the goat’s cheese and sprinkle the sprouts or seeds.
7. Arrange the beetroot around the edges and drizzle over the dressing.
Serve with fresh country bread