Welsh Rarebit Topped Lamb Burgers
Cooking time: About 15 minutes
450g (1lb) lean Welsh lamb mince
1 small onion, finely chopped
10ml (2tsp) English mustard
Welsh Rarebit:10ml (2tsp) English mustard
100g (4oz) mature Cheddar cheese, grated
75ml (5tbsp) beer
1. Into a large bowl put the lamb mince, seasoning, onion and mustard.
2. Mix together thoroughly.
3. Divide the mixture into four and shape into burgers. Line the grill pan with foil and place burgers under a preheated grill and cook for about 12 minutes until golden and cooked through.
4. Make rarebit: Mix together the mustard, cheese and beer.
5. During the last 1-2 minutes of cooking place the rarebit in a mound on top of the burgers and allow to melt and ooze over the burger. Take a spoon and collect any juices & spoon over the burgers.
6. Serve with chunky fries and seasonal salad or slaw