Yorkshire Puddings Filled with Creamy Mushrooms and Bacon
8 Aunt Bessie’s Irresistible Yorkshire Puddings
1 tbsp veg oil
6 slices of smoked back bacon, cut into 2cm dice
1 small pack of mushrooms, cut into ¼’s
300ml double cream
A few fresh sage leaves, chopped (or a pinch of dried sage)
1.Fry the mushrooms in the oil over a low heat for 15mins, stirring regularly.
2. Add the bacon and stir through for 5mins.
3. Add the sage and stir through.
4. Add the cream and bring to the boil and simmer for approx 3-4 mins until thickened, season to taste.
5. Place the Yorkshire Puddings on a baking sheet and cook for 4 minutes.
6. Fill the Yorkshire Puddings with the mushroom mix.
7. Serve as a great teatime snack for the kids!