My late father left me some shares in companies that no longer exist. What can I do about them?

It’s easy to lose track of shares, especially if they were bought from public utilities or companies years ago. If you have dividend statements or share certificates, contact the share register on the certificate (usually Computershare, Capita and Lloyds TSB). If you think you may have others, register with the Unclaimed Asset Register ( For £25 they will help to trace lost shares or bank accounts, but try and do as much detective work yourself by contacting your late relative’s banks.

Leave a Reply

Please login or register to leave a comment.

Please wait while we process your request.

Do not refresh or close your window at any time.