12 Days of Christmas Scalloped Card
This cute card would be perfect for a wintery Birthday with just a simple modification. Making a shaped card blank is so simple with the Xcut Xpress – it happily slices through multiple layers of card even with thin dies.
Duration: 45 Minutes
By Becky James
You Will Need
PMA 160153 12 x 12″ Paper Pack (24pk) – 12 Days of Christmas
PMA 169065 8 x 8″ Decoupage Medley (2pk) – 12 Days of Christmas
XCU 268300 A4 Xpress Die-cutting Machine (2 plates, 1 shim)
XCU 503408 Nesting Dies (5pcs) – Scalloped Circle
DOA 550204 Dye Ink Pads – Chocolate
FFS 358101 Felt Star Strip – Christmas Kraft Notes
PMA 150600 A6 Cards/Envelopes (50pk, 300gsm) – White
PMA 1641400 A4 Premium Cardstock Textured (75pcs) – Capsule
PMA 351403 Adhesive Stones (104pcs) – Transparent
XCU 261710 Medium Palm Punch – Petal
Step By Step
1. Die cut an A6 card blank with the largest scalloped circle, placing the die so that a small section sits above the spine of the card.
2. Die cut the full circle from turquoise textured card stock and blend Artiste chocolate ink around the edges before attaching to the card front, matching up the shape.
3. Place first the base patterned die cut circle from the Papermania 12 Days of Christmas in the centre of the card. Attach the scene over the top.
4. Punch a number of flowers from aqua patterned 12 Days of Christmas paper and tip the edges with chocolate ink. Glue them around the circumference of the scene panel. Add transparent adhesive gems.
5. Layer up a gold and red Forever Friends Christmas Kraft Notes felt star just off centre towards the top of the design. Add a gold die cut snowflake decorated with a transparent adhesive stone from the decoupage pack.
6. Glue a banner just below the scene and decorate with a sentiment, die cut birds and adhesive stones.
docrafts® are responsible for the UK’s leading crafting website www.docrafts.com and Creativity Magazine. They pride themselves on providing an abundance of inspiration, tips, techniques and know-how, covering a wide range of crafts, to enthusiasts across the World. Many of the UK’s leading products and recognized brands such as Papermania, Xcut, Forever Friends™, Me to You™, Boofle™, Anita’s, Craft Planet and Cousin Jewellery come under the docrafts® umbrella.