Combine the perfect partners of Papermania Stamps and Xcut dies together to add wonderful depth and detail to your projects.
By Rebecca James
Duration: 45 minutes
You Will Need
PMA 654101 Feather Pack (24pk) – Art Deco
PMA 907322 A5 Clear Stamps Set (10pcs) – Butterflies
XCU 268300 A4 Xpress Die-cutting Machine (2 plates, 1 shim)
XCU 503196 A5 Die Set (10pcs) – Butterflies
XCU 515132 A4 Embossing Folder – Butterfly Pattern
DOA 550100 Pigment Ink Pads – Red
GLT 43207 Glitter Glue (120ml) – Rose Gold
PMA 160600 8 x 8″ Kraftstax (20pk)
PMA 351609 2mm Adhesive Stones (424pcs) – Silver
PMA 4021000 Embossing Powder (1oz) – Clear
PMA 351612 2mm Adhesive Stones (424pcs) – Aqua
Step by Step
1. Emboss the front of a 4×4” card blank using the A4 embossing folder. Lightly ink the edges with chocolate dye ink.
2. Emboss white cardstock with the same embossing folder. Ink the edge sections and layer onto kraft card.
3. Wrap lace trim, Baker’s Twine and brown string around the bottom part of the panel and adhere on the reverse. Layer the panel onto the card using 3D foam pads.
4. Die cut leaves from cream and green cardstock. Ink the edges of each leaf, letting the colour stray a little way into the shape to add depth. Add some shape with your fingers and add a subtle touch of the rose gold glitter glue applied with your finger to add some sparkle.
5. Die cut the butterfly from kraft cardstock. Ink the matching stamp with chocolate pigment ink and press the die cut on top of the upturned stamp. Press evenly. Heat emboss with clear embossing powder. Rub a little red ink over the un-embossed sections.
6. Arrange to the left of the card, tucking a white Art Deco feather behind. Twist the stem of a rose embellishment and add to the body of the butterfly, adding a little glitter to the edges of the petals.
7. Finish with a tag greeting and a row of adhesive stones as shown.
docrafts® are responsible for the UK’s leading crafting website www.docrafts.com and Creativity Magazine. They pride themselves on providing an abundance of inspiration, tips, techniques and know-how, covering a wide range of crafts, to enthusiasts across the World. Many of the UK’s leading products and recognized brands such as Papermania, Xcut, Forever Friends™, Me to You™, Boofle™, Anita’s, Craft Planet and Cousin Jewellery come under the docrafts® umbrella.