You will need:
PMA 354301 Assorted Buttons (250g) – Capsule – Spots & Stripes
PMA 358500 Felt Bundle (7pcs) – Capsule – Spots & Stripes
TIL 354601 Fabric Covered Buttons (6pcs) – Tilly Daydream
TIL 358401 Fat Quarters (5pcs) – Tilly Daydream
TIL 367501 Assorted Ribbon (20pcs) – Tilly Daydream
TIL 367503 2m Ric Rac – Tilly Daydream – Natural
TIL 368101 Large Crochet Flowers (2pcs) – Tilly Daydream
TIL 815901 Embroidery Shapes (3pcs) – Tilly Daydream
XCU 268300 A4 Xpress Die-cutting Machine (2 plates, 1 shim)
XCU 503050 Border Dies (3pcs)
XCU 503417 Nesting Dies (5pcs)
Step by Step
1. Cut a purple fat quarter from the Tilly Daydream Fabric Fat Quarter pack to fi t a 12″ embroidery hoop with 4″ excess around the hoop. Add iron-on interfacing to the back.
2. Press a piece of heart patterned fabric in half to fit the lower section of the embroidery hoop, as shown. Pin the heart fabric to the bottom of the purple fabric and sew vertical lines down the fabric to make the pockets – make sure the pockets suit the width of your tools. Place the fabric in the embroidery hoop and tighten.
3. Die-cut a felt plaque using the scalloped border from the Xcut Border Dies 1 set. Using a fabric pencil, write your chosen title onto the plaque. Stitch over the letters using a sewing machine and a narrow zigzag stitch.
4. Cross stitch the scallops of the felt plaque to the purple fabric at the top of the embroidery hoop using embroidery thread. Sew three clusters of pearls to the top, as shown. Use the same embroidery thread to sew a border of blanket stitch around the purple fabric.
5. Sew by hand lengths of ribbon, ric rac and lace border across the pockets, inserting a tool into the pockets as you go to make sure only the top layer of fabric is caught with your stitches.
6. Die-cut a beige felt flower using an Xcut Bloom Nesting Die and a circle of blue felt. Sew a running stitch around the circle and pull the thread to curve the sides of the circle in towards the middle but don’t pull tight. Tie the ends then slip stitch the circle to the centre of the flower.
7. Make a slit at the back of the flower and fill the circle with stung. Slip stitch the slit closed. Stitch a large doily over the little cushion and using embroidery thread, blanket stitch around the flower. Sew clusters of pearls to the petals.
8. Sew the flower pin cushion to the left of the strips of ribbon along with a crochet flower, circular embroidery shape and buttons. Die-cut some felt leaves and straight stitch a vein down each. Sew the leaves around the cluster of flowers.
docrafts® are responsible for the UK’s leading crafting website www.docrafts.com and Creativity Magazine. They pride themselves on providing an abundance of inspiration, tips, techniques and know-how, covering a wide range of crafts, to enthusiasts across the World. Many of the UK’s leading products and recognized brands such as Papermania, Xcut, Forever Friends™, Me to You™, Boofle™, Anita’s, Craft Planet and Cousin Jewellery come under the docrafts® umbrella.