His & Hers Magazine Holders
These fun magazine holders made from Papermania’s Christmas in the Country collection, will be a great addition to your desk or study.
Tip: If you don’t have a magazine holder, you can make one by cutting off one of the top corners of a cereal box. Be sure to measure the box and your magazines first to ensure that they will fit.
Duration: 30 minutes
You will need:
ANT 8181001 Glitterations – Upper Case Alphabet – Silver
DOA 550102 Pigment Ink Pads – Dark Orange
DOA 550106 Pigment Ink Pads – White
GOR 269101 Metal Frames (3pcs) – Gorjuss
PMA 157204 Christmas Trims (3pcs) – Christmas in the Country
PMA 160149 12 x 12″ Paper Pack (32pk) – Christmas in the Country
PMA 160209 12 x 12″ Paper Pack (32pk) – Capsule – Spots & Stripes Festive
PMA 160600 8 x 8″ Kraftstax (20pk)
PMA 367109 1m Ribbon (6pcs) – Christmas in the Country
PMA 367291 Large Ribbon Bows (12pcs) – Christmas in the Country
XCU 503159 Large Dies (8pcs) – Stag Head
Step by Step
1. Begin by removing any clip-on corner reinforcers. Select your papers from the paper packs and cover the magazine holders in contrasting designs.
2. Using the Stag Head die, cut out two stags, but snip the antlers off one to make a doe. Assemble the pieces and set aside.
3. Wrap a band of ribbons and / or trim, near the bottom around each holder, glue in place.
4. Create the ‘His’ and ‘Hers’ labels by placing the glittered letters on to the Kraftstax paper and using your ink pads, ink all around and over the letters. Once dry, peel off the letters, to reveal the Kraft colour underneath. Glue the labels to the back of the metal frames then stick to the front of your magazine holder.
5. Glue your stag and doe heads above the metal frame on each holder. Finish with a cute gingham bow for the doe. Replace any clip-on corner reinforcers you may have removed
docrafts® are responsible for the UK’s leading crafting website www.docrafts.com and Creativity Magazine. They pride themselves on providing an abundance of inspiration, tips, techniques and know-how, covering a wide range of crafts, to enthusiasts across the World. Many of the UK’s leading products and recognized brands such as Papermania, Xcut, Forever Friends™, Me to You™, Boofle™, Anita’s, Craft Planet and Cousin Jewellery come under the docrafts® umbrella.