2 Excited Faces – Home for Christmas
I took inspiration from a quilt design to make the patterned paper focal point for this page. I even added some real stitching with my sewing machine. The gorgeous Nordic inspired Home for Christmas collection from Papermania is perfect for festive pages whether your photos are old or brand new.
Designer: Katy Godbeer
Duration: 1 to 2 hours
You Will Need
PMA 160914 – 12×12″ Paper Pack – Home For Christmas
PMA 160916 – 6×6″ Paper Pack – Home For Christmas
PMA 171200 – 10m Bakers Twine – Home For Christmas
PMA 181901 – 12×12″ Self Adhesive Fabric Paper – Home For Christmas (Hearts)
PMA 181902 – 12×12″ Self Adhesive Fabric Paper – Home For Christmas (Cross Stitch)
PMA 367140 – Ribbon (6 X 1m) Home For Christmas
PMA 367290 – Ribbon Bows (20pcs) Home For Christmas
PMA 907156 – 6×6″ Urban Stamp – Home For Christmas (Baubles)
DOA 855100 – Metallic Gel Pen Trio (Gold, Silver & White)
FFS 803100 – Cardstock Stickers – Cosy Christmas Alphabet
PMA 803100 – Cardstock Stickers – Canvas Alphabet
PMA 807104 – 12×12 Kraft Basics Pack Ledger, Graph, Lined & Plain
Step by Step
1. Trim a decorative panel from grid kraft cardstock and ink the edges. Glue centrally onto the Home for Christmas text paper.
2. Trim a square of heart paper to measure 5x5cm. I rotated the design 45° first so the design would be upright when glued in place.
3. Cut several 4cm squares of patterned paper and fabric paper. Trim each in half and glue in place to make the classic quilted arrangement. Stitch vertically through the quilted section.
4. Adhere two strands of Baker’s Twine and a strand of ribbon across the page, securing on the reverse.
5. Position a single photo to the right of the page. Add a knot of Baker’s Twine and a couple of coordinating ribbon bows. Die-cut the heart border and position to the page as shown.
6. Stamp and cut out the bauble images and arrange to the right hand side of the photo.
7. Spell out your title using cardstock alphabet stickers and stitch directly over the lettering.
8. Add your journaling using a white gel pen.
For information about where you can buy the items needed click here
docrafts® are responsible for the UK’s leading crafting website www.docrafts.com and Creativity Magazine. They pride themselves on providing an abundance of inspiration, tips, techniques and know-how, covering a wide range of crafts, to enthusiasts across the World. Many of the UK’s leading products and recognized brands such as Papermania, Xcut, Forever Friends™, Me to You™, Boofle™, Anita’s, Craft Planet and Cousin Jewellery come under the docrafts® umbrella.