Rolled paper sections add even more texture to this pretty page. Combine the delicate florals from the Country Companions – For Someone Special range with textural elements of beads, raffia and flowers.
Duration: 1 to 2 hours
Designer: Katy Godbeer
You Will Need:
CCP 160103 – A5 PAPER PACK (24PK) – FOR SOMEONE SPECIAL
COU 4717103 – WOOD ANGLE CUT BEADS (36PCS)
PMA 1751100 – RAFFIA (50GRM) NATURAL
PMA 353010 – SWEETIES – CAPSULE (21PCS) MONOCHROME
PMA 353012 – SWEETIES – CAPSULE (21PCS) HEATHER
PMA 3681105 – PETALS – CAPSULE (30PCS) BOYSENBERRY
PMA 803100 – CARDSTOCK STICKERS – CANVAS ALPHABET (2PK)
COR 229 – 12×12 CORE CARD ROSE EMBROIDERY
CSP 16009 – SMOOCH SPRITZ INK – LOG CABIN
CSP 71403 – FLUID CHALK CAT’S EYE CHESTNUT ROAN
PMA 1641100 – 12 x 12 TEXTURED SCALLOPED CARD STOCK 60 PACK
Step by Steps:
1.Pinch the edges of each scallop section of the 12×12 cardstock in olive green. Glue centrally onto Rose Embroidery Core’dinations.
2. Spritz approximately half (top left diagonally) using the Log Cabin Smooch Spritz. Hold it several inches away for a fine spray or closer if you would like bigger blobs.
3. Select 4 of the A5 papers. Ink the edges of each and then roll the left hand edge as shown. Glue the 4 pieces together in a stack with approximately 2.5cm of each pattern showing behind the next.
4. Position your photo over the layers and mark on the ‘rolled’ sections where the edges of the photo are positioned. Cut away the rolled sections behind the photo so it sits flat.
5. Glue the panel just above centre on the right hand side of the page.
6. Cut 4 strands of raffia to fit across the page as shown. Thread 7 wooden beads onto one strand. Stamp all of the strands in place. Distribute the beads in a pleasing arrangement. Tie a knot of raffia around the strands towards the centre.
7. Apply letter stickers onto a scrap of Kraft card. Trim to a rectangle and round the top right and bottom left corner. Ink the edges and tuck the bottom right corner under the raffia. Use some 3D foam pads behind the left hand edge to add some dimension.
8. Position Boysenberry Petals to the page as shown. Add brads from the Mono and Heather Capsule Collection Sweeties, to the centre of some of the flowers.
9. Thread raffia through some single wooden beads. Tie a double knot and glue in the centre of the remaining flowers.
For information about where you can buy the items needed, please see www.docrafts.com