Duration: 45 Minutes
By Becky James
You Will Need
XCU 268300 A4 Xpress Die-cutting Machine (2 plates, 1 shim)
XCU 503904 A5 Die Set (12pcs) – 12 Days of Christmas – Icons
DOA 550204 Dye Ink Pads – Chocolate
DOA 855100 Metallic Gel Pen Trio – Gold, Silver & White
FFS 161101 Adhesive Fabric Paper Roll – Christmas Kraft Notes
FFS 368101 Mini Felt Flowers (12pcs) – Christmas Kraft Notes
PMA 150610 Square Cards/Envelopes (50pk, 300gsm) – White
PMA 157208 8 x 8″ Die-cut Toppers (2pk) – 12 Days of Christmas
PMA 160602 6 x 6″ Kraftstax (20pk)
PMA 1641400 A4 Premium Cardstock Textured (75pcs) – Capsule
PMA 171205 20m Bakers Twine (3pcs) – Capsule – Spots & Stripes Jewels
PMA 171211 5m Brown String
PMA 351425 Adhesive Pearls (104pcs) – White
PMA 367401 1m Lace Borders (4pcs) – Vintage Notes
XCU 261704 Medium Palm Punch – Traditional Heart
Step By Step
1. Trim kraft card to 13cm square, scrape the edges with a craft knife and blend Artiste ink around the edges. Bleed ink into the porous edges created by the scraping by holding the ink pad firmly against the borders. This will give a much darker and more defined edge to the panel.
2. Cut a piece of Forever Friends Blue spotted fabric paper a little smaller than the Kraft square and again distress the edges with a craft knife, leaving any frayed threads in place. Blend chocolate ink around the edges and attach to the kraft card leaving a narrow border.
3. Wrap a Vintage Notes lace border about 1/3 the way up the background and over lay with Capsule Jewels Baker’s twine and Papermania Brown String. Now attach the finished background panel to the front of the card with the spine at the top of the design.
4. Die cut two doves in grey textured card using the 12 Days of Christmas Die Set. Remember to turn the card over to cut the second so that when facing each other they will both have texture. Blend chocolate ink around the shape and attach over the right hand side of the textured border.
5. Punch a heart from red card, ink and add a highlight with an Artiste white gel pen. Place above an between the two doves as shown
6. Add a teal Forever Friends Kraft Notes felt flower and 12 Days of Christmas sentiment below the birds.
7. Finish with adhesive pearls, placing as per the picture.
docrafts® are responsible for the UK’s leading crafting website www.docrafts.com and Creativity Magazine. They pride themselves on providing an abundance of inspiration, tips, techniques and know-how, covering a wide range of crafts, to enthusiasts across the World. Many of the UK’s leading products and recognized brands such as Papermania, Xcut, Forever Friends™, Me to You™, Boofle™, Anita’s, Craft Planet and Cousin Jewellery come under the docrafts® umbrella.