Mother’s Day Card
Just For You Mum
The cute characters in the Daisy and Dandelion ‘Lovingly Yours’ collection are just perfect for a Mother’s Day card!
The Daisy and Dandelion ‘Lovingly Yours’ collection is simply adorable and perfect for cards for all those special friends and relatives.
Designer: Katy Godbeer
Duration: 1 to 2 hours
You Will Need:
- DND 150600 – STEPPER CARDS & ENVELOPES (4PK) – LOVINGLY YOURS
- DND 157102 – A4 DIE-CUT GLITTER FOLDIES – LOVINGLY YOURS
- DND 160100 – A4 PAPER PACK 160GSM (30PK) – LOVINGLY YOURS
- DND 803100 – GLITTER CARDSTOCK STICKERS (2PK) LOVINGLY YOURS
- PMA 907434 – 60 X 90MM TYPOGRAPHY CLEAR STAMP – MUM
- PMA 164001 – A4 SHIMMER TEXTURED CARDSTOCK – MOULIN ROUGE (30PCS)
- PMA 8561101 – WATERCOLOUR PENCILS (24PK) ASSORTED
Step by Step:
- Cut the very bottom panel from the stepper card and fold the remaining panel in half to make a smaller bottom step.
- Trim daisy paper to fit the front panel leaving a narrow border all around. Ink the edges and glue in place.
- Pop out and pleat the floral Foldies section. Glue in place on the bottom step using 3D foam pads for the sections that are raised. (I trimmed one of the butterfly sections from the centre of the piece and reassembled the sections on the step so that it fit better).
- Stamp the Mum Papermania stamp onto pink patterned paper from the Lovingly Yours paper pack. Colour the larger flowers and the border using a red watercolour pencil. Cut out and position overlapping the edge of the bottom step.
- Trim shimmer cardstock slightly smaller than the main panel of the card. Ink the edges and glue in place.
- Trim daisy paper to measure the same width of the cardstock panel and cut the top edge to a gentle wave shape to represent a hill.
- Assemble two of the decoupage characters from the Stepper Card pack and arrange on the main panel as shown.
- Hand cut a pair of clouds from the blue and daisy papers. Arrange at the top of the card using 3D foam pads.
- Finish with a cardstock sticker greeting adhered with 3D foam pads at the top of the card and at the bottom as shown.
For information about where you can buy the items needed, click here to visit the docrafts website.
docrafts® are responsible for the UK’s leading crafting website http://www.docrafts.com/ and Creativity Magazine. They pride themselves on providing an abundance of inspiration, tips, techniques and know-how, covering a wide range of crafts, to enthusiasts across the World. Many of the UK’s leading products and recognized brands such as Papermania, Xcut, Forever Friends™, Me to You™, Boofle™, Anita’s, Craft Planet and Cousin Jewellery come under the docrafts® umbrella.