Duration: 45 minutes
By Rebecca James
Step by Step
1. Trim a piece of 8×8” brown “damask – style” patterned Gorjuss paper to 1cm smaller in dimension than the a Gorjuss card blank front. Edge with black Artiste dye ink (repeat this with all layers and paper embellishments from this point) and add a holed border using a pokey tool.
2. Matt the damask panel onto a lighter piece of Gorjuss 8×8” paper, trimmed to leave a narrow border all round. Add a white spotted border around this frame, before attaching to a cream grid Gorjuss card using 3D foam.
3. Cut the white front panel away from one of the Gorjuss card blank pack envelopes, leaving a small striped border. Add a holed border and attach centrally to the front of the card.
4. Towards the bottom of the design layer up a die cut blue tag, draw pull die cut and red heart embellished panel taken from the Gorjuss ultimate die-cut pack.
5. Trim a thin piece of lilac paper from the ultimate die-cut pack and add a leafy lace punched border. Attach just above the blue tag and cover the join with an Anita’s black Glitteration border.
6. Cut a short length of each colour of Gorjuss Baker’s Twine. Tie them together with a knot at one end and untwist the threads. Glue along the base of the draw pull die cut, with the tassel to the left of the design.
7. Punch five flowers, shape and attach to the top of the draw pull die cut as shown. Top with black Papermania adhesive stones.
8. Make up the Gorjuss “New Heights” decoupage design and attach to the right of the card blank, overlapping the embellishments already added. Cut out a denim blue heart from the ultimate die-cut pack and place in the centre of her dress as in the picture.
9. Layer up two stripey hearts from the ultimate die-cut pack and place centrally above the punched flowers.
10. Pop out two die-cut birds and a fox and arrange around the books as shown.
11. Finish the design by cutting away the printed end of a button die cut tag and attaching to the top right corner of the design
You Wil Need
• GOR 150601A6 Cards/Envelopes (12pk) – Gorjuss
• GOR 1601028 x 8″ Paper Pack (32pk) – Gorjuss – Neutrals
• GOR 169100A4 Ultimate Die-cut & Paper Pack (48pk) – Gorjuss
• GOR 17120020m Bakers Twine (3pcs) – Gorjuss
• ANT 8181015Glitterations – Borders – Black
• DOA 550205Dye Ink Pads – Black
• DOA 855100Metallic Gel Pen Trio – Gold, Silver & White
• PMA 351401Adhesive Stones (104pcs) – Solid Black
• XCU 257903Decorative Border Punch – Leafy Lace
For information about where you can buy the items needed click here
docrafts® are responsible for the UK’s leading crafting website www.docrafts.com and Creativity Magazine. They pride themselves on providing an abundance of inspiration, tips, techniques and know-how, covering a wide range of crafts, to enthusiasts across the World. Many of the UK’s leading products and recognized brands such as Papermania, Xcut, Forever Friends™, Me to You™, Boofle™, Anita’s, Craft Planet and Cousin Jewellery come under the docrafts® umbrella.