New Home Card – Home to Nest
This decoupage featuring a row of bird boxes is definitely my favourite! It’s just so cute! The Home to Nest collection from Papermania is perfect for Spring. Get in the mood for getting out in the garden with this pretty collection!
Duration: 45 minutes
By Rebecca James
Step by Step
1. Trim a 6.5 x 4.5 inch piece of cream patterned paper& blend the edges with chocolate Artiste Dye ink (repeat this step with all panels and die-cuts from this point). Matt onto a piece of dark red cardstock leaving a narrow border around the edge and attach onto the front of the card.
2. Use the leafy lace Xcut border punch to add a decorative border to a 1.75 inch strip of red card, add a 1 inch strip of decorative paper along the card border and attach centrally to the front of the card.
3. Matt both the Egg and Birdhouse die-cut topper and the base panel for the Birdhouse decoupage onto matching red card, again leaving a narrow border. Attach to the front of the card using 3d foam, following the picture as a guide for placement. Complete the decoupage design.
4. Layer a die-cut “Just for you” sentiment onto red card and attach to the top right of the decoupage base. Add strips of brown string on the exposed areas of the decorative border.
5. Die cut a heart frame from Home to Nest birdhouse paper,using the middle die and that the next size down. Add a brown string loop and attach to the card so that the Birdhouse on the square topper is positioned within the aperture.
6. Embellish around the top of the heart tag by clustering a punched kraft flower, lemon Papermania paper posies, New Home tag and die-cut bird. Add a further punched flower to the left of the decoupage. Top the flowers with Lincoln Linen Capsule daisy buttons and adhesive stones and pearls.
7. Punch three butterflies from red and kraft card, shape the wings and arrange around the “Just for you” sentiment.
8. Complete the design with rows of gem and pearl topped daisy buttons as shown and add red mini heart adhesive gem detail to the decoupage birdhouses.
You Will Need
- PMA 169051 A4 Ultimate Die-cut & Paper Pack (48pk) – Home To Nest Lucy Cromwell
- XCU 261707 Medium Palm Punch – Pointed Butterfly
- XCU 261810 Large Palm Punch – Flower
- DOA 550204 Dye Ink Pads – Chocolate
- PMA 150632 5 x 7″ Cards/Envelopes (50pk) – Recycled Kraft
- PMA 160603 4 x 4″ Kraftstax (20pk)
- PMA 164400 12 x 12″ Solid Premium Cardstock Colossal (75pcs) – Capsule
- PMA 171211 5m Brown String
- PMA 351404 Adhesive Stones (104pcs) – Red
- PMA 351405 Adhesive Stones (104pcs) – Pale Blue
- PMA 351425 Adhesive Pearls (104pcs) – White
- PMA 354222 Mini Daisy Buttons (30pcs) – Capsule – Lincoln Linen
- PMA 368300 Petal Posy (12pcs) – Lemon Rose
- XCU 503412 Nesting Dies (5pcs) – Heart
For information about where you can buy the items needed click here
docrafts® are responsible for the UK’s leading crafting website www.docrafts.com and Creativity Magazine. They pride themselves on providing an abundance of inspiration, tips, techniques and know-how, covering a wide range of crafts, to enthusiasts across the World. Many of the UK’s leading products and recognized brands such as Papermania, Xcut, Forever Friends™, Me to You™, Boofle™, Anita’s, Craft Planet and Cousin Jewellery come under the docrafts® umbrella.