Spring has Sprung
The docrafts Creativity Club features fantastic printables every single week! This fun card is the perfect way to usher in a new season!
By Keren Baker
Duration: 45 minutes
You Will Need
PMA 171203 20m Bakers Twine (3pcs) – Capsule – Spots & Stripes
PMA 354802 Assorted Buttons (250g) – Sew Lovely
COU 3201801 40ft Beading Wire (24 Gauge) – Gold
PMA 151401 8 x 8″ Cards/Envelopes (6pk, 300gsm) – White
STI 462101 25m Double Sided Tape (6mm Width)
docrafts Creativity Club download papers
Step by Step
1. Print out the Spring Green downloads. Using a 6×6 card, score at 1 ½” & 2 ½ “. Fold at 1 ½” a mountain fold & the other a valley fold.
2. Stick blue patterned paper to the larger part of the card. Using the dotted and cream papers, stamp the word spring alternating between the two papers using the Carnival stamp set & blue pearlescent ink. Cut out the letters.
3. Using a skewer, wind lengths of gold wire around to create a ‘spring’. Leave both ends with an inch of wire unwound and your wound length needs to be about an inch. Using double sided tape, secure the wires to the reverse of the letters. Leave the backing on the top of the tape (so the top doesn’t stick to anything else).
4. Lay the letters out along the card. By doing this, you’ll work out exactly where to pierce the holes. The letters are all different widths which is why you can’t just measure at regular intervals. When happy with the spacing, use your pricking tool to make a small hole along the mountain fold & poke the wire through.
5. On the reverse of the card, using tape again to secure the wires flat against the smallest part of the folded card (the piece at the bottom). When secured, turn the card to the front & adjust the letters.
6. Create some ‘grass’ by snipping out small triangles from the green paper. Adhere this so it comes just above the fold & hides the base of the wires. Add some red & blue patterned paper to the bottom & twine & buttons. Trim a little off the back of the card so it stands evenly.
docrafts® are responsible for the UK’s leading crafting website www.docrafts.com and Creativity Magazine. They pride themselves on providing an abundance of inspiration, tips, techniques and know-how, covering a wide range of crafts, to enthusiasts across the World. Many of the UK’s leading products and recognized brands such as Papermania, Xcut, Forever Friends™, Me to You™, Boofle™, Anita’s, Craft Planet and Cousin Jewellery come under the docrafts® umbrella.