Stag Wall Hanger
This fun wall hanging decoration is great for seasonal celebrations, but simply leave off the snowflakes for an on-trend look you can admire all year round. I’ve used the Xcut Xpress Die-cutting machine to cut some of my favourite dies to make this fun decoration.
Duration: 1 to 2 hours
By Katy Godbeer
You Will Need
XCU 268300 A4 Xpress Die-cutting Machine (2 plates, 1 shim)
XCU 503084 Large Dies (7pcs) – Christmas Decorations
XCU 503162 Large Dies (6pcs) – Stag
XCU 503908 Large Dies (7pcs) – Nesting Diamonds
DOA 550104 Pigment Ink Pads – Chocolate
FFS 169031 A4 Ultimate Die-cut & Paper Pack (48pk) – Christmas Kraft Notes
PMA 160213 12 x 12″ Paper Pack (32pk) – Capsule – Spots & Stripes Jewels
PMA 160216 A4 Paper Pack (24pk) – Capsule – Spots & Stripes Jewels
PMA 160600 8 x 8″ Kraftstax (20pk)
Step By Step
1. Select a sheet of the 12×12 Capsule Jewel paper to serve as your background. Disassemble your embroidery hoop and press the paper over the inner hoop.
2. Cut a curved piece of white paper and position at the bottom of the frame to represent snow and press in place. Press the outer hoop over and tighten to secure.
3. Use the Xcut Xpress to die cut several diamond shapes from Forever Friends Christmas Notes paper in the kraft button print and the green stripe print, and the green dot design from the Capsule Jewel A4 Paper Pack. Use different sizes and trim each in half to make tree shapes.
4. Ink the edges of each shape and add a doodled border using a black pen.
5. Arrange as shown along the horizon and use 3D foam pads to secure and to add dimension.
6. Die cut both parts of the stag die from kraft cardstock and glue together. Ink the edges lightly and roughly and add to the right hand side of the hanger using 3D foam pad.
7. Cut the smallest of the connecting pieces from the stag set (these look a little like stag hoof-prints) several times from kraft cardstock. Arrange behind the stag on the hanger so they look like tracks in the snow.
8. Die cut the snowflake from the Christmas Decorations set several times from white paper or card. Arrange in the sky of the hanger.
9. Add a ribbon loop at the top of the hanger to finish.
docrafts® are responsible for the UK’s leading crafting website www.docrafts.com and Creativity Magazine. They pride themselves on providing an abundance of inspiration, tips, techniques and know-how, covering a wide range of crafts, to enthusiasts across the World. Many of the UK’s leading products and recognized brands such as Papermania, Xcut, Forever Friends™, Me to You™, Boofle™, Anita’s, Craft Planet and Cousin Jewellery come under the docrafts® umbrella.