Fabulous Embossed Frame Card – Strictly Party
Add the impression of increased depth to your embossing by delicately inking in toning shades. Use the gorgeous Xcut Embossing Folders that coordinate with the Strictly Party range to make this pretty card.
You Will Need
PMA 157139 – Glitter Sentiments – Strictly Party
PMA 160126 – A4 Ultimate Die-Cut & Paper Pack (48pcs) – Strictly Party
XCU 515112 – Tri-Boss Emboss Folder (A6) – Strictly Party (Butterfly Aperture)
DOA 855100 – Metallic Gel Pen Trio (Gold, Silver & White)
GLT 01018 – Glitter Glue 120ml Irrid. Sparkle
PMA 150610 – Square Card Blanks 300gsm – White
PMA 351405 – Adhesive Stones – Pale Blue
PMA 351406 – Adhesive Stones – Pale Pink
PMA 351409 – Adhesive Stones – Silver
Step by Step
1. Blend soft shades of lemon, purple and pink dye based inks round the perimeter of the card blank.
2. Cut pastel blue floral paper from the Strictly Party ultimate decoupage pack to 13cm square and scrape the edges heavily with a craft knife to fray. Adhere centrally to the front of the card.
3. Trim the rectangular topper to measure 4 inches across. Stick it centrally to the patterned paper. When the decorated frame is added over the top the image will sit directly under the aperture.
4. Emboss pastel pink textured cardstock with the new “Strictly Party” Triboss embossing folder to create the detailed aperture. Trim the panel to 12cm square with the embossed panel placed centrally. Use the embossed design as a guide to remove the centre circle and reveal the detail of the flourish.
5. Using the Papermania dye based ink shades from Step 1 apply across the embossed design to highlight the raised detail and blend round the edge of the panel.
6. Add a hand drawn border around the pink frame and aperture using white Artiste gel pen. Also add highlights to the embossed butterflies and flourishes. Stick centrally above the patterned paper using 3d foam
7. Distress and ink the edges of the “Be Fabulous” glitter sentiment and attach just below and to the right of the aperture.
8. To bling up the design surround the aperture with silver Papermania Adhesive stones, decorate the bodies of the embossed butterflies in a similar manner and add also to the “Be Fabulous” sentiment as shown. Add pale pink and pale blue stones to the centres of the larger flowers on the image.
9. Finish the project with a dusting of iridescent glitter glue round the aperture and edge of the pink panel and to highlight the embossed details.
For information about where you can buy the items needed click here
docrafts® are responsible for the UK’s leading crafting website www.docrafts.com and Creativity Magazine. They pride themselves on providing an abundance of inspiration, tips, techniques and know-how, covering a wide range of crafts, to enthusiasts across the World. Many of the UK’s leading products and recognized brands such as Papermania, Xcut, Forever Friends™, Me to You™, Boofle™, Anita’s, Craft Planet and Cousin Jewellery come under the docrafts® umbrella.